How Art Therapy can have a positive influence on your life.
Benefits of Art Therapy
- Benefits children as they are less capable/comfortable to express themselves through words
- Can help improve various mental and physical symptoms including reducing pain, anxiety, tension .etc.
- Benefits mental disorders, emotional abuse, cancer, post-traumatic stress, bipolar and other serious ailments.
- Helps people with their social skills.
- Helps mental, physical and emotional states.
- Creating art relieves stress.
- Encourages creative thinking.
- Can boost self-esteem and provides a sense of accomplishment.
- Improves quality of life for Dementia patients.
Can Art Be Medicine? By The Foundation for Art and Healing
Captain Jason Berner (U.S Marine Corps)
- Lost friends due to IED’S.
- Art Therapy made him feel better as there was something in him dying to get out and through art he was able to express this.
- Could only express through art in a way that was safe for him.
Stephanie Paseornek (Writer, Heart Transplant Recipient)
- Used art to understand how she felt during her the period of her heart transplant.
- Wrote to her new heart about being in a foreign environment and keeping at it with her.
Watching this video I found on YouTube really made me think about how art helps people in many different ways. Hearing the stories of Jason Berner and Stephanie Paseornek really made me fall in love with art even more and listening to them talk about art and how it has helped the makes you realise how much art can really heal.
Scientific studies show harnessing the power of Art can promote healing.